Help and Support
Quick Guide to Joining ANRA
- Register online to become an ANRA member and obtain a Member ID.
- Submit a biosketch or CV.*
- Pay your dues online if you wish to apply for full membership.**
- * All applicants are required to submit a biosketch or CV.
- * Non-MDs/PhDs may submit a brief resume stating your position and interest in neuroblastoma instead of a biosketch/CV.
- ** Associate Members are not required to pay dues.
- ** Full members who have been granted a fee waiver are also not required to pay dues.
- ** You must be logged in to your member account in order to pay dues.
Full and Associate Membership
- Full Members are physicians, nurses, and/or investigators from Instructor to Professor in rank or position with a professional degree (MD, PhD, MD-PhD, or equivalent), who are at least 5 years from receipt of their professional degree.
- Associate Members are junior faculty (less than 5 years from their professional degree), post-docs, fellows, students, nurses and interested parents.
- For more information about membership, please see the ANR By-laws.
Benefits of Membership
- Full members may vote and run for election.
- Full members may also submit and sponsor abstracts.
- Associate members may submit abstracts but require a sponsor in order to do so.
- All members will have access to the membership pages for contacts and networking.
Am I required to submit a biosketch?
- Yes, all applicants must submit a biosketch or CV, regardless of whether you are applying for Associate Membership or Full Membership.
- Non-MDs/PhDs may submit a brief resume stating your position and interest in neuroblastoma instead of a biosketch/CV.
- Please submit your biosketch/CV/resume in PDF format using our online form.
- You will need to state your Member ID Number when submitting your biosketch.
- If you do not have a Member ID Number, please register on the website for an account first. You will be given an ID number upon successful registration.
Am I required to pay dues?
- Only Full Members are required to pay dues.
- Associate Members are not required to pay dues.
- Full Members who have been granted a fee waiver are also not required to pay dues.
- If you are not certain whether you need to pay dues, please register for an account and submit your biosketch/CV online first.
You will be sent an email notification if your application has been approved. The email will let you know if you are required to pay dues.
It will be sent to the address you provided in your member registration profile, so please be sure to keep your contact information updated.
How do I pay dues?
- If you are not already a member, please register for ANRA membership first.
- Pay your dues online here.
- You must be logged in to your account in order to access the dues payment page.
If you are not already logged in, you will be asked to enter your username and password when you click on the above link.
How much are the dues?
- Dues are payable every two years in the sum of USD $200.00.
How do I apply for a waiver of dues payment?
Payment of dues may be waived by ANRA for full member applicants from developing countries.
- Please submit your justification for the request for such fee waiver to the President, ANRA using our contact form here.
- Select the subject line "Request Dues Waiver" from the drop-down box on the contact form and enter your Member ID number where requested on the form.
- Please also include your Member ID number in the body of your message requesting the waiver. Your request cannot be processed without a Member ID number.
- If you are not sure what your Member ID number is, please log in to the Members' section. You will see your Member ID displayed on your Members' home page as well as on the "What is my ANRA Member ID?" page.
I did not receive a receipt for my dues payment
If you have made a dues payment, you should receive an emailed receipt for your payment within 24-48 hours.
If you have not received your receipt email within 24-48 hours of your payment, please contact us immediately.
Please also check your junk mail folders. Some email services such as Gmail, ATT.net, Yahoo or Hotmail/Live/Outlook.com may incorrectly block our emails as spam, so it is best to use your institution's email address if possible.
I need an invoice / W-9 for my dues payment
ANRA dues must be paid online via Stripe (credit card) or Paypal (bank account, Paypal funds, or credit card). It is not necessary to have a Stripe or Paypal account in order to do so.
However, you must be logged in to your ANRA member account in order to access the payment page in the members' section and submit your payment. This ensures that the payment can be immediately credited to the correct account.
Once the transaction has been successfully processed, you will receive emailed receipts from Stripe/Paypal and from the ANRA website. The receipts will be automatically sent to the email address you provided in your member account profile.
You should be able to use these receipts to claim reimbursement from your institution or organization if needed.
What is Stripe?
Stripe is a payment processor similar to Paypal or Authorize.net. Payment via Stripe is fast and easy. Once you are logged in, you only need to enter your credit card number, card expiration date, and CVV number. This information is securely handled via Stripe and is not stored on our website.
If you are unfamiliar with Stripe, feel free to click on the blue "Pay with Stripe" button to see what information is required. You can click on the "X" button at the top right corner of the pop-up to close the payment window without entering your information and without continuing on to pay.
When will my application be processed?
Completed applications are usually reviewed on a monthly basis. Dues waiver requests are also reviewed at the monthly sessions.
For example, if your application is completed in January, it will be usually be reviewed in February. There may be occasional delays depending on the reviewers' schedules (eg. if they are out of the office) or if there is a high volume of applications. In such cases it may take a few weeks or a month or more before the review is completed.
You will be sent an email notification if your application and/or dues waiver request has been approved. The email will be sent to the address you provided in your member registration profile, so please be sure to keep it updated.
Your application cannot be reviewed if it is still incomplete (eg. you have not yet submitted a biosketch, or your dues payment is still pending).
If you have yet to receive a notification of approval from us, please check to make sure that you have completed all the required steps for membership application first.
Please also check your email as we may already have sent you a notification to remind you that your biosketch or dues payment is still pending.
If you have completed all the steps and still have not heard back from us by the end of the month after your application was completed, it may be that your biosketch failed to reach us or your dues payment failed to process successfully. If so, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
What is the difference between ANRA Membership Registration or Dues Payments and ANR Meeting Registrations or Conference Registration Fees?
The following answer also applies to questions such as:
- "I have already registered, why can't I log in?"
- "Why are my username and password not accepted?"
- "I have already paid my registration fee, do I still need to make a dues payment?" or
- "I have already registered, why haven't I received my member ID number yet?"
Please note that online registration for an account on this website in order to apply for membership in ANRA is separate and distinct from registering to attend ANR Meetings/Congresses/Conferences.
ANRA Membership Dues payments are also separate and distinct from ANR Meeting/Congress/Conference registration or attendance fees.
If you register on an ANR Congress/meeting-specific website, such as anr2018.org, that is not the same as registering for an online account on this website. The two websites are separate and different.
When you register on an individual meeting website, such as anr2016.org or anr2018.org, you are registering only for that particular year's Congress/meeting.
When you pay a meeting registration fee at an individual meeting website such as anr2018.org, that registration fee is related to your attendance at that particular Congress only. It is not related to your ANRA membership dues.
ANRA membership can only be applied for on this website and ANRA membership dues, which are payable every two years, can only be paid online here. An ANRA Member ID can only be obtained by registering on this website. If you have registered or made a payment anywhere else, those other registrations and payments are not related to ANRA membership or ANRA membership dues.
For example, if you wish to be an ANRA member and to attend the ANR 2018 Congress, you will need to complete the actions in both columns below:
- Register to attend individual bi-annual meetings at the Congress website for that year, eg. anr2018.org.
- Pay registration fees to attend those individual meetings at the payment links provided on the Congress website for that year.
ie. You will need to register for ANRA membership on this website, as well as register to attend ANR 2018 on the anr2018.org website, and you will need to pay your ANRA membership dues at our payment link, in addition to paying the Congress registration fee for attending ANR 2018 at whatever link is specified by the anr2018.org website.
If you have registered online and have not received your ANRA Member ID number immediately, please check to confirm that you were in fact registering on this specific website and not on any other website.
If you have registered online and are unable to log in to this website, please check to confirm that you were in fact registering on this specific website and not on any other website. Your usernames and passwords from bi-annual ANR meeting-specific websites will not work on this website.
If you need any clarification or assistance regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
If you are having any problems with the website, please try the following basic troubleshooting tips.
If you are having trouble viewing a web page:
- Reload the page.
Sometimes you may have difficulty loading a page due to a slow internet connection, or the server may be unusually busy and slow to serve the page to your browser. Refreshing the page once the connection speed has improved should resolve the issue.
- You can also try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then restarting your browser.
Sometimes we may have just made an update to the page while you were trying to view it. In such cases, clearing your cache will remove any old versions of the page and allow your browser to load the new one.
- Occasionally, a slow connection speed may be due to issues with your Internet Service Provider, such as DNS problems. In such cases, you may need to contact your ISP for assistance.
- If you are not able to access the Member Directory, please confirm that you are logged in and that your membership application has been approved. Registered members will not have access to the Member Directory until their membership applications have been reviewed and approved.
If you are having trouble sending a message via the contact form:
- Temporarily disable any automatic form fillers or referral blockers.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies, and refresh the page.
- Check that your message is not too long. For security purposes, messages are restricted to reasonable lengths. If your message exceeds the allowed maximum number of characters, it will be truncated. If it is excessively long, you may receive an error message when attempting to send it.
If you do not know what your Member ID is:
- Please register to join ANRA first.
- After you have successfully registered, a Member ID will be assigned to you.
- You will see your new Member ID displayed on the confirmation page immediately upon successful registration.
- In the Members' Area, you will see your Member ID displayed on the Members' home page as well as on the Member Profile Update page.
- If you do not see a Member ID displayed in those locations, try logging out and logging back in with your new user name and password, then check to see if your Member ID is now displayed correctly.
- You can also click on the "What is my Member ID? link on the right-hand sidebar of the Members' Area at any time to find your Member ID.
- Please check to confirm that you registered specifically on this site for an ANRA account and not on the website for a specific year's Congress, as the two are separate and unrelated.
If you are having difficulty accessing the registration page for joining ANRA:
- Please check to make sure you are going to the right place: This is the correct link for registering to join ANRA.
- If you are having any other problems with the registration form, please contact us for assistance.
If you cannot remember your new user name or password:
- On the member login page, enter either your email address or your user name in the "user name" field, then click on the "Forgot Password" link and a new temporary password will be emailed to you.
- The password reminder will contain a new temporary password and an activation link. Please click on the link to activate your new password, then log in to the members' section using the new password you have just activated.
- For security, we recommended that you log in immediately and change your password to one that only you know as soon as you have received your password reminder.
- If you cannot remember your email address, user name or password, please contact us for assistance.
- If the new password activation link does not work for you, please check to make sure that your email is not being intercepted by a security scanning program such as McAfee, which may provide you with a modified version of the link. If the link in your email has been intercepted and changed by an anti-virus or internet security program, please contact us directly and we will help you to change your password manually.
If you are having difficulty submitting your registration:
- Try temporarily disabling all automatic form fillers and redirection or ad/referral blockers, restarting your browser and reloading the registration page.
- If you are browsing with Private Tabs, Private Windows, or Private Surfing functions enabled, please temporarily disable them as they may prevent the registration process from completing successfully.
- You may also wish to double-check that you have entered the CAPTCHA anti-spam characters correctly into the appropriate field.
- If the above still does not work for you, we can also manually create an account for you so that you can login without further delay.
If you would like us to do so, please reply to our email with the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- The username you would like to have *
- Your Email Address
- Your phone number
- Your Institution
- Your mailing address
- State (if any)
- Zip Code
* Your username cannot contain any spaces or unusual special characters.We will email to let you know as soon as your account has been created.
If you are having difficulty paying dues:
- Please pay your dues only after you have registered to join ANRA.
- When you fill in the dues payment form, it will ask you for your ANRA Member ID. Please enter the Member ID you were assigned when you registered to join ANRA.
If the above steps do not work for you, or if you encounter any other problems or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.